Pre-Budget submission 2017/18 to the Victorian State Government: Growing Our Regions
Regional Cities Victoria has released its Pre-Budget submission 2017-18 to the Victorian State Government: Growing Our Regions.
RCV is calling on the State Government to:
- Incentivise business. Create jobs. Increase liveability – calling on the Government to renew its efforts to attract people to regional Victoria by investing an extra $100 million in jobs and liveability in our regions
- Place cities at the heart of the Visitor Economy – calling for further investment in the Government’s successful $103 million Regional Tourism Infrastructure Fund to support local jobs and driving economic activity in our regions in line with the Government’s focus on the visitor economy
- Drive regional access to the Port of Melbourne – calling for the $970 million from the Port of Melbourne lease to be rolled out to regional Victoria as a priority
- Unlock regional investment – Seeking $75,000 in funding for the development of a business case for an RCV Treasury Shared Service
- Build connections with international markets – seeking an in-principle commitment to support inbound trade missions into regional Victoria, enabling regional markets to reap the benefits of international investment.
Download a copy of the Pre-State Budget submission 2017-18 here.