Strategy & Advocacy
RCV recently finalised its 2018 State Election platform. Growing Regional Victoria is a cohesive set of priorities that target both economic and population growth.
RCV is calling on all sides of politics to commit to these important initiatives that will help bring jobs, investment, business and skilled workers to regional Victoria.
2018 State Election Platform
- Regional Jobs Growth Fund
$600 million over four years for an overarching program to deliver community infrastructure, attract workers, generate jobs and support new and existing businesses in regional Victoria
- Regional Connectivity – Rail, Road and Digital Networks
Various initiatives to enhance connectivity across regional Victoria, including passenger rail, commercial transport, and digital networks
- Regional Visitor Economy Growth Fund
$300 million over four years to improve tourism infrastructure, boost liveability and the visitor economy
- Local Government Treasury and Finance Service
Improving financial performance and debt management of Councils by establishing a Local Government Treasury and Finance Service
More information about RCV’s priorities for the Victorian Election can be viewed here.
RCV’s State Election platform is underpinned by independent research around each of RCV’s strategic priorities.
RCV’s Strategic Priorities
- Jobs & Business Growth – Incentivise business growth and employment opportunities in regional cities
- Population Growth & Liveability – Facilitate population growth and enhance liveability across regional Victoria
- Transport & Connectivity – Improve road and rail infrastructure to enable better connectivity throughout regional Victoria
- Future Industries – Prepare regional cities for the challenges and opportunities presented by changes to industry and workforce capacities
More information about RCV’s strategic priorities can be viewed here.