Who are we?
Regional Cities Victoria is represented by the Mayor and CEO from each of Victoria’s ten largest regional cities. Click here to meet our .
We encourage a whole-of-government approach to regional development. This means encouraging Federal, State and Local Governments to work together to deliver services and infrastructure for regional Victorians.
Regional Cities Victoria has three objectives:
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of regional cities;
- Increase the workforce capacity and participation in Victoria’s cities; and
- Increase the lifestyle amenities in regional cities to attract and retain a share of a growing population.
We believe this can be done by improving:
- The availability of high-speed broadband and information and communication technology;
- The availability of public and freight transport services;
- The availability of lifestyle infrastructure such as entertainment, recreation and arts and culture facilities;
- Skills development and employment opportunities; and
- Planning for the best use of available land in our regions.