Strategy & Advocacy
RCV has released its advocacy platform for 2022-2025.
RCV’s 2022-25 Advocacy Priorities is a cohesive set of priorities that will support regional growth and recovery.
RCV is calling on all sides of politics to commit to these important initiatives that focus on four pillars of economic growth; connectivity; liveability and sustainability in regional Victoria.
Regional prosperity and enhanced liveability through sustainable growth.
To develop and advocate for policies that invest equitably and sustainably in regional cities to support a growing Victoria.
- Secure long-term investment into local infrastructure projects, driving regional economies, creating local jobs and improving liveability.
- Attract new business and support the creation of new innovation and start-ups in regional cities.
- Strengthen investment in the attracting regional events, and grants for business events and incentive programs held in regional cities.
- Improve transport connectivity between regional cities and support existing intermodal freight hubs.
- Support for enabling digital infrastructure and better digital connectivity outcomes for regional Victoria.
- Support to identify demand and gaps in the jobs market; to attract a diverse workforce and meet the current demand.
- Access to improved and centralised data.
- Priority given to regional housing projects and the acceleration of regional planning works.
- Strengthen support for regional cities to tackle issues surrounding climate change and secure investments in sustainable infrastructure.
- Attract re-investment in regional waste management projects and encourage new businesses in the industry.
More information about RCV’s advocacy priorities for 2022-2025 can be viewed here.